For the first time in the festival’s history viewers based in Estonia can now watch films from your home, at the time that suits best for you. Find out how.
Black Nights is now double: in the cinemas and at home! For the first time in the festival’s history viewers based in Estonia can now watch films from your home, at the time that suits best for you.
- This feature only works for people based in Estonia. If you are film professional, please apply for accreditation and go to this page to watch the films.
- Due to safety reasons not related to the festival, the film viewing platform kino.poff.ee and proscreen.poff.ee can only be operated on the following web browsers:
EDGE on PCs
SAFARI on macs
- You cannot use Google’s browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Opera) due to a security leak that was just discovered in Google’s safety systems and is currently being fixed by the company.
- Viewing is only enabled on the aforementioned browsers as the security of the films and protecting the interests of the filmmakers is paramount for us.
We are very sorry for the inconveniences this might cause for our audience!
How to buy virtual PÖFF tickets?
- The information of virtual screenings can be found on film profile pages on the PÖFF web site or directly on the film watching platform kino.poff.ee where you can see all the films that are available for virtual viewing. There you can also purchase the viewing rights.
- All virtual tickets can only be purchased at kino.poff.ee after creating an account there. The ticket will also be sent to your email from our address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Not all PÖFF films can be watched virtually.
- Films will become available for viewing in the online environment only 3 hours after their physical premiere at PÖFF.
- Bought ticket to virtual screeningns are valid for 48 hours - after you have bought the ticket to viertual screening, you have 48 to start watching it.
- After you have started watching the film, you have 30 hours to finish watching the film.
- Sadly, due to technical restraints, the environment is only in Estonian this year and films can be seen only from Estonia. But navigation is really easy there, so hopefully, English-speakers can manage. All film synopses and details can be found on the festival’s homepage www.poff.ee/en.
- As with regular screenings, the number of people who can watch the virtual screenings is limited for every film. These limits vary by film.
How to watch virtual films?
- Log in to the environement kino.poff.ee.
- All films you have purchased virtual access to can be found in the subpage „Minu filmid“. If you have purchased a ticket during presale, you will have to wait until 3 hours have passed from the moment the film has begun its first cinema screening at Black Nights to see it.
- To watch a film, press the button „Mängi“. To select subtitles, press the CC icon on the right-hand side of the player. Please note that many films that are in English don’t have subtitles.
- After purchasing the ticket, you can also go to the virtual screening via the ticket confirmation email you get from our account email@example.com. Just open the email and click the button „Vaata filmi“.
If you run into trouble, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy the films!