We are looking for a new Head of Production
Black Nights Film Festival is one of the leading film festivals in Northern Europe, operating a cluster of film events around the year, all over Estonia. Screening films to large audiences is thus central to our activities as we organise the Black Nights Film Festival in Tallinn and Tartu, Children’s and Youth Film Festival Just Film, PÖFF Shorts, Haapsalu Horror and Fantasy Film Festival, Tartu Love Film Festival, the Kinoff festival in Ida-Virumaa and the audiovisual industry platform Industry@Tallinn & Baltic Event.
As the Head of Production, you will be central to the technical team of the festival, putting together the festival production team and budget, being responsible for all the technical details regarding the festival screenings and the technical supervision of the festival’s time schedule and DCP files of films.
What you will be doing
- Putting together and heading the production team (in co-operation with the festival CEO)
- Creating the festival’s production budget, overseeing spending, confirming invoices
- Finding tech partners and commissioning technical equipment
- Overseeing the organisation of the festival in the cinemas in Tallinn and Tartu
- Tech-checking the festival’s programme schedule (in co-operation with the festival’s programme team)
- Technical check of the film DCPs
- Solving the everyday technical challenges of the team
What are the requirements
- Experience in team-leading and event organising
- Technical knowledge (education in a relevant field)
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Technical skills and knowledge in film screening programmes and technology
- Precision and dedication
Won’t hurt if you
- Have a driver’s licence
- Speak English and Estonian
- Tolerate stressful work
We are offering
- Flexible hours
- A worthy payment for committed work
- A supporting team based in the Telliskivi Creative City
When can you start?
Lasts officially until the 20th of December 2020 after which the contract will be extended if both parties reach a new agreement to continue.
How to apply?
Please send us your CV and a motivational letter by the 9th of March 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org.